Classic carrot cake
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2921
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 335g
Saturated Fat 93g
Trans Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 87g
Monounsaturated Fat 129g
Total Carbohydrates 682g
Dietary Fiber 29g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 jar of carrot baby food (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two 8 inch round pans.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to another bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in carrots and 1 cup of walnuts.
- Divide mixture between both pans and bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, make frosting. Add cream cheese, butter and vanilla to a bowl. Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer and mix well. Slowly add in powdered sugar while continuing to mix.
- Add about 1/4 cup of frosting to the top of one of the cakes. Top with second cake then smooth remaining frosting over entire cake. Top with walnuts if desired.
Cocoa & Salt http://cocoaandsalt.com/